Now, in the depths of winter when there is very little to do other than frost protect your tenderest plants, is a great time to do a maintenance check.
This can involve
- a fungal spray.
- a good weed.
- a pruning of dead fronds.
- an aeration of the soil surrounding the root zone and base of trunk (take care & don’t be over zealous)
- a temporary shelter for frost protection.
Best not to involve
- Don’t introduce any water to your plant- indoor plants are an exception (A watering every 7-14 days should suffice for indoor plants though)
- Do not feed your plants in the colder season