Sago Palm Cycad revoluta / Cycads Indoor Cycads
|35l-43l pot||XXXL (25cm + caudex height)||$485 $880 On Sale!||50 Order|
All prices are GST inclusive but exclude freight (if applicable).
The common name is confusing for some because this is not a palm, but New Zealand’s most widely used cycad.
Native to southern Japan.
Long, erect glossy dark green leaves form a rosette on a stem. The sago palm is very long lived and the most popular member of the cycad family. This is a stunning specimen plant.
With it’s strong good looks, the sago works itself seamlessly into the minimalist garden and the formal garden as well as being an integral part of the subtropical garden. Very hardy.
Sago or Cycad revoluta are very hard to find in a smaller grade at the moment. We don’t have anything smaller than this grade.
- Prefers full sun, but will tolerate part shade.
- Prefers some shade, but will tolerate full sun.
- High wind tolerant.
- Will tolerate heavy frosts.
- Grows to a height of 1 metres (approx).
- Requires little moisture and is drought tolerant.
- Tolerates coastal conditions, including salt spray.