Queen or Cocos Syagrus romanzoffianum / Palms
|45l ezylift||Out of Stock|
|tree spaded & wrapped||4m field grown||$680|
New Zealand’s most popular palm for urban landscaping, prized for it’s versatility, hardiness and good looks.
Queen palms are native to South America, from northern Argentina north to eastern Brazil and west to eastern Bolivia.
They are fast growing, look fantastic when planted in groupings of two or more and give a strong Mediterranean look.
With their stately and elegant silvery grey trunk they work well with large succulents, Vireya and Bird of Paradise, but harmonise nicely with many other palms and sub tropical plantings.
- Prefers full sun, but will tolerate part shade.
- Prefers some shade, but will tolerate full sun.
- High wind tolerant.
- Will tolerate heavy frosts.
- Will tolerate light frosts only.
- Grows to a height of 10 metres (approx).
- Requires little moisture and is drought tolerant.
- Tolerates coastal conditions, including salt spray.