Puka Meryta sinclairii / Subtropical Plants
An attractive large leathery leaved evergreen tree. The puka works seamlessly into the subtropical garden as contrasting foliage to palms and cycads.
Nicely complimentary with all palms & cycads, the native Puka has large glossy leathery leaves & is fast growing.
- Prefers full sun, but will tolerate part shade.
- Medium wind tolerant.
- Will tolerate light frosts only.
- Grows to a height of 5 metres (approx).
- Requires little moisture and is drought tolerant.
- Tolerates coastal conditions, including salt spray.