Philodendron ‘Xanadu’ / Subtropical / Ornamentals Indoor Indoor Subtropical
Philodendron ‘Xanadu’ is the hardiest of all philodendrons for the New Zealand climate.
I have them growing happily outside in rural Te Puke, however they are positioned in very sheltered areas and I cover them during frosts to keep them looking good.
Planted in a sheltered area they will put on a top notch tropical foliage show.
Grows best in a very sheltered & frost free position outside.
Enjoys semi shade conditions.
Great for indoors, a warm bright bathroom or hallway. Low water requirements.
Use a loose, bark rich orchid type mix when potting.
- Prefers full sun, but will tolerate part shade.
- Prefers some shade, but will tolerate full sun.
- Medium wind tolerant.
- Low wind tolerant.
- Will tolerate light frosts only.
- Won’t tolerate frosts.
- Excellent indoor palm.
- Requires adequate moisture.
- Tolerates coastal conditions, including salt spray.