Philodendron crassinervium Philodendron crassinervium
Also known by their common name of Philodendron lanceolatum Schott or Philodendron alternans Schott.
Long, very large shiny, lance shaped green leaves that point upwards.
Each leaf can grow up to one metre long and has a prominent mid-vein. Glands produce sap that creates red freckles on both sides of leaves. Vigorous climbing habit. Red aerial roots that mature to dark brown.
Suitable for indoor containers or use outdoors in gardens, borders and containers to create a tropical feel.
Conditions and care: Plant in moist, rich, well draining soil in a bright filtered light or a partially shaded spot or indoors in bright, indirect sunlight. Water when the top of the soil is dry. Misting is beneficial in creating a humid environment. Provided with a climbing pole to assist in the growth of the vines.
- Requires afternoon shade, prefers filtered sunlight.
- Requires shade or bright filtered light with no direct sunlight.
- Low wind tolerant.
- Requires frost free site or indoors.
- Grows to a height of 2 metres (approx).
- Manages an indoor situation.
- Requires adequate moisture.
- Excellent specimen for covered courtyard.
- Happy with life in a pot
- Prefers a warm temperature.
- Needs warm air flow e.g dining room, bedroom