Maya Chamaedorea hooperiana / Palms Indoor Palms Indoor Plants & Hoya
We are very happy to have secured this little known species for sale.
The Maya palm is a smaller growing member of the Chamaedorea genus than C. seifrizii and C.costaricana. It has a lower tolerance to full sun than C. costaricana, so will need some sun protection throughout a baking hot summer.
A semi shaded, sheltered site is ideal. Moderate growth to 3 metres. Adds elegant charm to any smaller garden as a stand alone specimen or variety to a larger sub tropical wonderland.
- Requires afternoon shade, prefers filtered sunlight.
- Low wind tolerant.
- Will manage a very light frost to -1C.
- Grows to a height of 3 metres (approx).
- Manages an indoor situation.
- Requires adequate moisture.
- Prefers a warm temperature.