Kermadec Nikau Rhopalostylis baueri var. cheesemanii / Palms
|135 litre ezylift||1.6-1.8m||$550 $1380 On Sale!||15 Order|
All prices are GST inclusive but exclude freight (if applicable).
A Nikau which is rapidly becoming more popular in NZ landscaping.
The Kermadec Nikau originates 300kms north of New Zealand on the Kermadec Islands, most specifically on Raoul Island.
Broader leaved and with a more open crown than the shaving brush looking Chathams and mainland varieties.
Prefers a frost free situation until established, the Kermadec cannot tolerate as much frost as a Chatham. It will also look significantly better in shade or semi shade than full sun.
The Kermadec grows at a very similar rate to a Chatham- faster than the Mainland sapida species, but in standard palm tree growth, Nikau as a genus, are very slow.
- Full sun.
- Requires afternoon shade, prefers filtered sunlight.
- Requires shade or bright filtered light with no direct sunlight.
- Medium wind tolerant.
- Low wind tolerant.
- Will manage a very light frost to -1C.
- Grows to a height of 10 metres (approx).
- Requires adequate moisture.
- Manages coastal conditions well. Salt spray will cause minimal marking.