Kermadec Nikau Rhopalostylis baueri var. cheesemanii / Palms
A Nikau which is rapidly becoming more popular in NZ landscaping.
Faster growing than mainland varieties, the Kermadec Nikau originates 300kms north of New Zealand on the Kermadec Islands, most specifically on Raoul Island.
Broader leaved and with a more open crown than the shaving brush looking Chathams and mainland varieties.
Prefers a frost free situation until established.
All nikau species prefer to grow into and develop a tolerance for the sun with age.
- Prefers full sun, but will tolerate part shade.
- Prefers some shade, but will tolerate full sun.
- Prefers shade, but will tolerate some sunlight.
- Medium wind tolerant.
- Low wind tolerant.
- Will tolerate light frosts only.
- Grows to a height of 10 metres (approx).
- Requires adequate moisture.
- Tolerates coastal conditions, including salt spray.
All prices are GST inclusive but exclude freight (if applicable).