Kentia Howea forsteriana / Palms Indoor Palms
The high performance European automobile of the palm world. A very elegant palm, Kentia typically take 12 to 15 years to develop a trunk in New Zealand.
Native to Lord Howe Island.
Our recommended most beautiful palm for the Bay of Plenty.
The Kentia is well suited to our coastal environment and copes well with salt laden winds, however they do like good moisture and a fertile soil to do extra well.
Smooth, green slim trunk if grown in light or deep shade. Excellent for indoor and outdoor use. Tolerates very low light.
A very sought after palm
Fantastic when planted in multiples or tight groupings of two, three or more.
- Prefers full sun, but will tolerate part shade.
- Prefers some shade, but will tolerate full sun.
- Prefers shade, but will tolerate some sunlight.
- High wind tolerant.
- Medium wind tolerant.
- Will tolerate light frosts only.
- Grows to a height of 10 metres (approx).
- Requires adequate moisture.
- Tolerates coastal conditions, including salt spray.
All prices are GST inclusive but exclude freight (if applicable).