Jucara Euterpe edulis / Palms
Not necessarily a rare palm in NZ, but very hard to obtain. This is Coast Palms and Cycads first ever release of this species.
Outdoors, they require shelter and light to deep shade when young developing tolerance to full sun in maturity. They will benefit from being planted into a nutritious garden mix in the garden.
Can handle a surprisingly moderate frost.
- Prefers shade, but will tolerate some sunlight.
- Low wind tolerant.
- Will tolerate light frosts only.
- Grows to a height of 10 metres (approx).
- Excellent indoor palm.
- Requires adequate moisture.
- Tolerates coastal conditions, including salt spray.