Fiddle Leaf Fig Ficus lyrata
Bold, big leaved and hugely popular, Ficus lyrata is an easy care indoor plant for those of you prone to being negligent waterers. They tolerate fully drying out between watering and enjoy a bright filtered light position indoors. A covered, sheltered courtyard is fine so long as the plant itself is not positioned in a suntrap. Once again semi shade/bright filtered light.
This is essentially an indoor house plant so will not tolerate being planted outside unless in a suitable pot in total shelter away from cold (and frost) and wind.
- Requires afternoon shade, prefers filtered sunlight.
- Requires shade or bright filtered light with no direct sunlight.
- Low wind tolerant.
- Requires frost free site or indoors.
- Grows to a height of 2 metres (approx).
- Manages an indoor situation.
- Requires adequate moisture.
- Excellent specimen for covered courtyard.
- Happy with life in a pot
- Needs warm air flow e.g dining room, bedroom