European Fan Palm Chamaerops humulis / Palms
A versatile hardy and small growing palm
Chamaerops Humulis has silvery grey green leaves and a spined midrib. They are a slow growing, multi trunking palm tree and cope well with severe frosts.
To show their trunks off best, a twice yearly manicure of their leaf fronds is advisable.
An excellent contender for container or tub planting.
- Prefers full sun, but will tolerate part shade.
- High wind tolerant.
- Will tolerate heavy frosts.
- Grows to a height of 2 metres (approx).
- Requires adequate moisture.
- Tolerates coastal conditions, including salt spray.