Dragon Tree Dracaena Draco
An evergreen tree with a smooth, grey trunk. It produces stiff, lance-shaped blue-green leaves that can grow up to 60cm long and 5cm wide.
A magnificent tree for general garden planting. Suitable for containers when young. Great for courtyards. Insignificant flowers followed by orange berries in summer. This slow growing tree may with time reach 9 metres high with a trunk up to a metre in diameter.
Great for the coast.
Thrives in moist, well drained soil in a sunny to part shaded position and is drought tolerant. Avoid wet boggy soil. Cut back leggy specimens in spring. Over watering can lead to rotting of the stem.
- Full sun.
- Medium wind tolerant.
- Will manage a very light frost to -1C.
- Grows to a height of 3 metres (approx).
- Manages an indoor situation.
- Requires little moisture and is drought tolerant.
- Manages coastal conditions well. Salt spray will cause minimal marking.
- Prefers a warm temperature.