Chinese Fishtail Caryota ochlandra / Palms
Uniquely beautiful and fast growing.
The Chinese Fishtail is considered the hardiest of the genus.
Keep well watered through summer months when establishing as a young tree.
These will need to be picked up and moved with a hiab or hiab and flat long deck truck.
- Full sun.
- Requires afternoon shade, prefers filtered sunlight.
- High wind tolerant.
- Will manage frosts to -3C.
- Grows to a height of 10 metres (approx).
- Requires adequate moisture.
- Manages coastal conditions well. Salt spray will cause minimal marking.