Chatham Island Nikau Rhopalostylis sapida 'Chathamica' / Palms
|45 litre ( 4 left)||80cm||$195 $285 On Sale!|
All prices are GST inclusive but exclude freight (if applicable).
Supremely attractive and iconic
The world’s most Southerly grown palm is our own Chatham Nikau.
A stunningly attractive option for the coast, it fits into a contemporary landscape design with ease.
The Chatham Nikau is proving itself to be the hardiest to frost and drought of the Nikau varieties and species.
It is arguably the fastest growing variety as well.
A must have for all palm enthusiasts.
- Excellent for all coastal areas
- High tolerance for wind, dry summers, poor soils (excluding clay)
- Takes a moderate frost ( down to – 3 celcius max. before damaging)
- The cleanest and tidiest looking of all Nikau
- 12-15 years before trunk development happens
- Prefers full sun, but will tolerate part shade.
- High wind tolerant.
- Will tolerate heavy frosts.
- Grows to a height of 10 metres (approx).
- Requires little moisture and is drought tolerant.
- Tolerates coastal conditions, including salt spray.