Aloe- Tree New release Aloe bainesii
Aloe bainesii is one of the largest succulents , attaining a height of 10 metres in habitat and under ideal conditions.
Relatively slow growing and with selective pruning you can keep the tree at any height. It has smooth clear stems with large (up to 1 metre) lanceolate leaves. It produces tubular pink flowers in Spring and Summer on a 60cm spike.
- Full sun.
- Medium wind tolerant.
- Will manage a very light frost to -1C.
- Grows to a height of 2 metres (approx).
- Requires little moisture and is drought tolerant.
- Manages coastal conditions well. Salt spray will cause minimal marking.
- Enjoys a sheltered courtyard situation for mature tree size.
- Happy with life in a pot
- Prefers a warm temperature.