Abyssinian Red Banana Ensete ventricosum ‘Maurelii’
Back in stock!
Like the manta ray of the subtropical world with their hugely flappy, deliciously ox- blood red leaves, the Abyssinian ornamental banana is back at CPAC
This banana-like perennial has large paddle-shaped leaves, which range in color from deep claret brown to red-purple to pale green, produced from the center.
Grow outdoors in rich soil in a sheltered area. This is an ornamental banana only- it doesn’t produce fruit.
If grown in a pot or container the banana will attain a height of 2 metres. In habitat with idea conditions it will grow to 6 metres so work on a 4-6 metre high plant in maturity.
- Requires afternoon shade, prefers filtered sunlight.
- Requires shade or bright filtered light with no direct sunlight.
- Low wind tolerant.
- Requires frost free site or indoors.
- Grows to a height of 4 metres (approx).
- Manages an indoor situation.
- Requires adequate moisture.