Ponytail Beaucarnea recurvata / Subtropical / Ornamentals
A highly popular ornamental plant with an unusual bulbous base and strap shaped long leathery leaves.
Due to their common name, Ponytail Palm, many people are lead to believe these belong to the family Palmae ( the Palm tree family), but they do in fact belong in the family Asparagaceae.
They are not closely related to the Palm family at all, however they are a very popular as an ornamental plant worldwide & compliment palm tree and cycad plantings and design very well.
Native to Mexico.
An excellent hardy coastal plant.
Highly adapted to require little water as it’s bulbous base stores water during drought.
Slow growing, these enjoy most conditions outdoors and indoors, except for water prone areas during winter.
- Prefers full sun, but will tolerate part shade.
- Prefers some shade, but will tolerate full sun.
- High wind tolerant.
- Will tolerate light frosts only.
- Grows to a height of 2 metres (approx).
- Tolerates coastal conditions, including salt spray.
All prices are GST inclusive but exclude freight (if applicable).