King Archontophoenix alexandrae / Palms
King palms can add speedy canopy height growth to your subtropical garden design.
Elegant, with a lush green canopy, Kings are from the same genus as the Bangalow.
I often get customers who still believe that Kings are in the same genus as Queen palms.
They look stately planted as a single specimen and add real drama planted in groves or tight groupings.
They are fast growing and give a strong tropical look.
They are most suited to courtyard planting or sheltered areas.
- Prefers full sun, but will tolerate part shade.
- Prefers some shade, but will tolerate full sun.
- Medium wind tolerant.
- Will tolerate light frosts only.
- Grows to a height of 10 metres (approx).
- Requires adequate moisture.
- Tolerates swamp conditions.
All prices are GST inclusive but exclude freight (if applicable).