Colocasia fallax ‘Miniature Elephant Ear’ Colocasia fallax / Subtropical Plants
|2.5 litre pot||$32.50||40 Order|
All prices are GST inclusive but exclude freight (if applicable).
Unlike most other elephant ears, this light shade- and moisture-lover forms rounded patterned leaves of velvety medium green, each highlighted by a wide silver streak down the center vein with smaller silver veins radiating from the center to the leaf edge. All summer long, the plants produce a small yellow spathe and spadix flowers. The 45cm tall plants make 60cm wide clumps in 3 years but spread much faster (120cm wide patch in 2 years) in very wet soils by means of short, above-ground stolons.
Quite unique and quite beautiful!
- Requires afternoon shade, prefers filtered sunlight.
- Requires shade or bright filtered light with no direct sunlight.
- Low wind tolerant.
- Requires frost free site or indoors.
- Grows to a height of 30 centimetres (approx).
- Requires adequate moisture.
- Tolerates swamp conditions.
- Prefers a warm temperature.