Cardboard Plant Zamia furfuracea / Cycads Indoor Indoor Cycads
A unique cycad to have in the garden.
Native to Mexico.
The Cardboard plant is very, very slow growing and enjoys light shade to full sun.
The term ‘zami’ is Latin for “pine nut” mainly because of the nutty bright-red seeds inside the rusty-brown egg-shaped cones produced by this plant.
Because of it’s spreading leaves these are beautiful as a specimen or accent plant.
These will not happily tolerate any frost. Their leaves will damage.
- Prefers full sun, but will tolerate part shade.
- Prefers some shade, but will tolerate full sun.
- High wind tolerant.
- Will tolerate light frosts only.
- Grows to a height of 10 centimetres (approx).
- Excellent indoor palm.
- Requires little moisture and is drought tolerant.