Cardboard Plant Zamia furfuracea / Cycads Indoor Cycads Indoor Plants & Hoya
A unique cycad to have in the garden and always rare to obtain at a landscaping size.
Native to Mexico.
The Cardboard plant is very, very slow growing and enjoys light shade to full sun.
The term ‘zami’ is Latin for “pine nut” mainly because of the nutty bright-red seeds inside the rusty-brown egg-shaped cones produced by this plant.
Because of it’s spreading leaves these are beautiful as a specimen or accent plant.
These will not happily tolerate any frost. Their leaves will damage.
The current stock is 22 years old, hence the speed of growth. Glacial!
- Requires afternoon shade, prefers filtered sunlight.
- Medium wind tolerant.
- Requires frost free site or indoors.
- Grows to a height of 60 centimetres (approx).
- Manages an indoor situation.
- Requires little moisture and is drought tolerant.
- Prefers a warm temperature.