Black Bamboo Phyllostachys nigra / Subtropical / Ornamentals
|.6m wrapped cubes - 1m high rootball||3m||$220|
All prices are GST inclusive but exclude freight (if applicable).
A stunning running Bamboo. New culms emerge green every spring and gradually turn black in one to three years. P. nigra should be given a generous layer of rich topsoil, composed of compost or aged manure and mulch, and space to grow unimpeded. It makes an outstanding specimen.
Important to note:
- These are now available in a neat manageable 60cm cube which has a 1 metre depth rootball. These can be freighted.
- They weigh approx. 60-80kg each. You would ideally need at least an 80cm garden bed width or a 200l pot with a wide base and a depth of 1.2 metres to really set these off so that they can happily grow unimpeded.
- It would pay to be mindful of their running nature and provide barriers to overly rampant growth.
- Prefers full sun, but will tolerate part shade.
- Medium wind tolerant.
- Will tolerate light frosts only.
- Grows to a height of 10 metres (approx).
- Perfect for screening or hedging.
- Requires adequate moisture.