Andean Wax Ceroxylon alpinum / Palms
All prices are GST inclusive but exclude freight (if applicable).
Native to Venezuela, Columbia and Equador.
A stunning feather fronded palm tree with silver under the leaf. Rarely offered for sale in New Zealand.
Known for being the tallest growing palm genus in the world, the Ceroxylon will not attain skyscraper heights in New Zealand as its natural habitat is the high altitude, cool air, cloud forest of South American. It is currently under threat in it’s natural habitat from deforestation and disease.
Enjoys some protection from frost and sun when young. You could see 4-5 metres of height attained over 60 years.
- Prefers full sun, but will tolerate part shade.
- Prefers some shade, but will tolerate full sun.
- Medium wind tolerant.
- Will tolerate light frosts only.
- Grows to a height of 5 metres (approx).
- Requires adequate moisture.